Buying a new
home with an in-ground swimming pool? You may want to consider
having it professionally inspected by Bob's Pool Service. Relying on over 20 years of experience in the pool repair business, we've seen and fixed it all. While many home inspections may include the pool, rarely do they offer the thoroughness a dedicated pool inspection will provide. Outlined below are three levels of inspections Bob's Pool Service offers.
Level 1 - Basic Inspection
While this is our most economical inspection, it still provides a wealth of information about the pool. Items included in this are the following if applicable:
- assessment of pool's structural integrity
- pool's interior surface, walls and floor
- surrounding cement or decking
- coping/liner receptor
- vinyl liner
- filter, pump, chlorinator and above ground plumbing
- skimmers, return and suction fittings
- dive stand and board, slides
- ladders, handrails and steps
- lighting (without underwater light removal from niche)
- perimeter fencing and locks
- additional comments
Level 2 - Preferred Inspection
Often the biggest problems are not visible on the surface. This inspection includes all of level one plus pressure testing the underground piping which can reveal problems not otherwise detectable. Items included in this are the following if applicable:
- complete level 1 inspection
- pressure testing of return and suction pipes (not including main drains or inaccessible pipes requiring services of our divers)*
Please note this inspection requires written permission from the current property owner because it involves disassembly of the pool's plumbing to perform the pressure test.
Level 3 - Premium inspection
This is by far the most comprehensive and thorough inspection we offer. Using a certified professional diver we're capable of not only checking your pool from the surface but also getting inside and doing an underwater inspection. Many things may be revealed this way which would otherwise be impossible to find using conventional methods. Items included in this are the following if applicable:
- complete level 1 and 2 inspections
- pressure testing of all testable pipes including main drains
- removal of underwater pool light, inspection of containing niche
- complete underwater inspection of liner**
- complete underwater inspection of pool floor and walls**
- underwater photographs if photo summary add on is also chosen
Photo Summary Add On
A photo summary may be added to any of the above inspections. This helps to clearly depict the overall condition of the pool with emphasis on items in need of repair. With a level 3 inspection this includes underwater photographs if necessary. Click here to see some pictures of what we uncovered on a typical pool inspection.
*Permission of the home owner is required if pipe(s) need to be cut to allow pressure testing. In some instances old fittings need to be removed to allow proper sealing for a pressure test, in rare cases a seized fitting may be broken during removal.
** Pool water must be clean to allow this portion of the inspection.